At Par-T-Perfect one of our favorite drinks to make this time of the year is Spiced Apple Cider. We find this delicious drink warms you on the inside and makes the house smell festive during the party or gathering.
You will need: mulling spices, apple cider, cheese cloth, string, cinnamon sticks, and a pot.
- Cut cheese cloth into a 6′ square.
- Put mulling spices into square cut cheese cloth and pull all four corners in and tie at the top with the string to create a ball of spices.
- Pour a quart or a gallon (depending on the amount of servings you will need) of apple cider into a large pot with a lid and heat on low. Add the ball of spices and 1 or 2 Cinnamon sticks.
- Keep your cider to a simmer (but do not boil) and remove the lid and continue to simmer for 30 mins. for a quart and an hour for a gallon.
- Enjoy the wonder aroma as it fills your house.
- Serve warm or prepare ahead of time , refrigerate and rewarm when your ready to serve.
When your finished and all the deliciousness has been eagerly consumed, drain the spice bag, place in a zip lock bag, add the cinnamon sticks and freeze. You may use these several times until the flavor declines. Please remember to be careful as the drink will be very hot when serving children and when children are helping always closely supervise around the stove at all times.
For more great party ideas from a complete children’s event and party service visit our website.