Summer vacation time for most kids is in full swing, whether you’re going on vacation or booking summer day camps, at some point you will hear the dreaded, “We’re bored! There’s nothing to do!” line!
Stay ahead of the game by using some of our favorite boredom buster ideas. We scoured ideas for you with links to our top picks & ideas – plus added a few of our own
- When you hear the words, “I’m bored” it’s time to start A Summer Boredom Activity Chart It’s a great way to stop the words from even being spoken! If that doesn’t help try What to do when there’s nothing to do jar
- If you’re heading to the beach, pack your favorite snacks and toys! Plan a scavenger hunt in search of unique shells, or rocks or even learn about the different varieties of seaweed! Finish off the day with a round of BEACH BOWLING!
Still need more ideas????
- Need some time in the back yard but you don’t have a sprinkler? How about Making your own bottle sprinkler
- My absolute favorite is making Your own kid’s car wash – sure to bring a lot of giggles! Try making a Pool noodle backyard obstacle course – building it in the back yard will be all part of the fun! Add some fun to the garden by adding a A rock catepillar garden
- Do you have a crafter in your family? Then you have to check out this Amazing craft idea
- Make a Summer Bucket List and have some fun crossing off items on the list
Whatever you do this summer, have fun, enjoy the small moments, stay hydrated & sun safe!